Sunday, April 10, 2011

Motorcycle Trailer Build






It all started with a Harbor Freight light duty trailer frame and a Pepboys Aluminum truck toolbox.  I also purchased a spare tire.  The following pictures will pretty much cover everything. 



I cut the Harbor Freight trailer down to fit the size of the box.  I also moved the tongue 1 notch forward from the instructions to make the tongue a little longer out front for the cooler mount.



I removed the helper spring per several posts on the internet.  Everyone says they ride better that way, since it won't ever be loaded as heavy as designed for....


Bicycle kick stand from Wal-Mart for a tongue jack.....


I will cut and weld the axle to fit the new width soon.....
Should match the bike good.....

Cooler mount, which cost about 6 times what the cooler did!!!



About ready for final assembly and painting/powder coating....

Everything has worked great so far.  I'm looking for a hitch for the bike and wiring kit now.  Everything except for the Diamond plate box will be painted or powder coated Black.  I'm using the light kit that came with the trailer kit.




2 comments:

  1. Nice job! Check out my build on my blog spot page

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can I would like to know where you got the box and what you spent and the sizes on it I'm trying to build one I like that one

    ReplyDelete